Do you ever forget to take care of yourself? We all do it. We’re busy, and with the holidays approaching, even busier! Finding time to take proper care of ourselves can be hard. But if we don’t, soon, we’ll be exhausted and burned out, and stop really caring about anything or anyone.
These simple tips will help you take better care of yourself, without taking too much time!
10 Self-care Tips
1. Oxygenate and calm your body and mind. Take three deep breaths while thing positive thoughts. Exhale negative thoughts. For example. Breathe in love, peace, confidence. Breath out disappointment, doubt, stress. Repeat 10 times.
2. Get down and boogie. Put on your favorite upbeat record and shake your booty.
3. Run (or walk, depending on your current physical health) for a few minutes. Or go up and down the stairs three times.
4. Narrow your food choices. Pick two healthy breakfasts, lunches, and dinners and rotate for the week.
5. Drink an extra glass of water each day. Hydration keeps your body running smoothly.
6. Give your body a treat. Pick something from your wardrobe that feels great next to your skin.
7. Be still. Sit somewhere peaceful, and be quiet for a few minutes.
8. Get fifteen minutes of sun, especially if you’re in a cold climate. (Use sunscreen if appropriate.)
9. Inhale an upbeat smell. Try washing your face and hands with a bar of your favorite Shugar or Venezia soaps.
10. Have a good laugh. Read a couple of comic strips that you enjoy. (For inspiration, try Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, or xkcd.)