Your face conveys so many things – your personality, your mood, your state of mind, and more. It’s the first thing anyone notices. More important, it’s what you see every time you look in the mirror. Keeping your face clean is one of the most important things you can do for yourself. But, should you use bar soap? Here are the pros and cons.
Cons of using bar soap on your face
Dermatologists often suggest you avoid bar soap when washing your face for these reasons:
- Bar soap is often scented and sometimes even dyed. These aesthetic add-ons could spell trouble in regards to how the bar soap treats your skin.
- Bar soap can be abrasive, especially if the bar isn’t properly moistened prior to use.
- Because of the shape of the bar of soap, you may not get a full cleanse if you use the bar directly on your face.
Of course, liquid soaps or body washes can present the same problems. In addition, they cost more, waste more, and can cause redness due to exfoliating micro-beads (which are also bad for the environment).
Pros of using Shugar soap on your face
- Shugar Soapworks – and Venezia Soaps – use natural ingredients, eliminating the problems associated with dyes and aesthetic add-ons.
- Our soap are triple-milled to be kind to your skin, never abrasive.
- Our soaps are environmentally friendly, from the packaging to the product, and they are made in the USA.
- Our tiny oatmeal flakes provide exfoliation without redness or environmental damage.
Whether or not you use bar soap on your face is up to you, but if you do, Shugar and Venezia soaps are the wise choice and will help you love what you see the next time you look in the mirror.